The B2B companies nowadays wake up to the fact that the buying process of the customers is changing over the years. Social media is having a great impact on the customers, and this is what is changing everything. It is true that the IT departments of the companies tend to control the reins, but social media is rising with each passing day, so much so that tasks and internal communications have started to become dependent on the digital platforms. However, the personnel who are given the positions to control this phenomenon help in influencing the decisions of purchase a lot more than they did before.
Making of the decisions in this digital era
It is very important to understand the ways in which the technologicalpurchase processes, which include both the software and the hardware, havestarted to evolve.
- There are many departments in the companies that have become a lot more active in spending their money on purchasing tech. But the areas in which the money is being invested have started to change. Targeting the mobile ads and the deliveries are becoming very popular in comparison to targeting the print ads. The monthly fees for services have started to appear a lot more attractive than purchasing the licenses for the software.
- According to the surveys, the young millennials and the older millennials opted to stop downloading the gated contents, when they had to fill forms.
- The millennials and the Gen Xers have voted the blog articles as the favorite contents. The contents that are written on paper are considered to be among their options of the least favorite contents. They had the perspective that the contents should be relevant, personalized, and they should also be accessed through all the important channels. This was identified as a very important challenge.
- The young millennials are carrying the lead by using the social media accounts in order to research all the services and products that the businesses have to offer. The old millennials and the Gen Xers are also using this same technique.
- To have a lot of connections and personal communications were something of grave importance for the young millennials. It is also highly relevant for the Gen Xers and the older millennials.
After a careful look at the contours of thedemographic which are opting for purchasing tech in due course of the digital era, the important question thatcomes up is whether the industries are ready to market the products andservices. There are certain tips that the tech marketers should keep in mind.Firstly, the millennials should be a part of all the marketing efforts.Secondly, the tech marketers should remember that they should avoid targetingthe specific titles or positions. Around 50 percent of the buying committeeshave around four people. These four people are known to wear a number of hats.One of the best and the most important strategy that the